Asian Arts Council
The Asian Arts Council (AAC) exists to foster interest in the art of Asia through its monthly lecture series, study group research, curatorial and exhibition support, as well as Museum conservation efforts.
The Asian Arts Council affords members a rich experience of Asian art and a deeper appreciation of the objects in the Museum's Permanent Collection.
Other benefits of membership include:
- Monthly meetings featuring programs by visiting scholars chosen to expand our experience and knowledge of objects in the collection, an exhibition, artist, medium or historical period
- Participation in our active study group providing intellectual stimulation on a variety of topics
- Organized visits to other southern California museums as well as trips to other museums of Asian interest around the nation
- Curatorial lectures and tours of Museum exhibitions
- Opportunities to meet and share with other Asian art enthusiasts
- An informative monthly newsletter
- Supporting vital conservation efforts to protect and preserve objects of art for generations to come
- Opportunity to support your community by supporting an important local cultural institution
Please join us!
General membership meeting are held in the Museum Boardroom on the last Thursday of the months January through October at 1:00 p.m. Study group sessions are held in the Museum Boardroom on the third Monday of the month at 10:00 a.m.
Annual Membership dues are $45.00 per individual or $60.00 per couple. For additional information about the Asian Arts Council contact Chair Pat Winter at 619.449.6048., or visit the Asian Arts Council website http://aacsdmart.org.
Image credit: Sun Xie, Landscape (with spring and autumn). Colors on silk, handscroll, 17th century. Gift of Mr. and Mrs. George D. Pratt. 1927.8.