Department of Curatorial Affairs
The San Diego Museum of Art has an educational unpaid Intern position with our Curatorial team. The Curatorial Intern works closely with all members of the Curatorial Department to gain a comprehensive understanding of research and catalogue preparation. Candidates are students who are college seniors, recent college graduates, or graduate-level students interested in pursuing a career in museum Curatorial work, gaining experience and learning new experiences working in an art museum.
Position requirements and Internship Eligibility:
- Use provided content to populate InDesign template files and enter edits
- Preflight files for press production
- Print, mount, trim, and install exhibition graphics including (but not limited to) labels, signage, and vinyl lettering
- Work with Graphic Designers, Curators, Registrars, Educators, and Translator to coordinate projects through proofing process
- Perform touch-up and repair work in galleries