Department of Curatorial Affairs
The Editor and Publications Coordinator is primarily responsible for editing and proofreading all museum publications and printed copy including website, labels, text panels, magazines and catalogues, etc. He or she must be an excellent proofreader and general writer and editor. He/she must be a creative, collaborative thinker who can negotiate tactfully but confidently. General knowledge and interest in the visual arts is essential; experience working in a similar position for a nonprofit or museum is an advantage.
Under direct supervision, the Museum Assistant performs work related to exhibition preparation and installation, including construction of exhibition display furniture and art installation. Some evening and weekend hours required.
The San Diego Museum of Art has an educational unpaid Intern position with our Curatorial team. The Curatorial Intern works closely with all members of the Curatorial Department to gain a comprehensive understanding of research and catalogue preparation. Candidates are students who are college seniors, recent college graduates, or graduate-level students interested in pursuing a career in museum Curatorial work, gaining experience and learning new experiences working in an art museum.
Position requirements and Internship Eligibility:
- Use provided content to populate InDesign template files and enter edits
- Preflight files for press production
- Print, mount, trim, and install exhibition graphics including (but not limited to) labels, signage, and vinyl lettering
- Work with Graphic Designers, Curators, Registrars, Educators, and Translator to coordinate projects through proofing process
- Perform touch-up and repair work in galleries