Community Meeting Minutes: July 24, 2013
Open Spaces: Lincoln Park
Malcolm X Library
Alexander Jarman, Manager of Public Programs, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Speakers: Artist-in-Residence Roberto Salas, Lead Artist Todd Stands, Richard Patiño of Pacific Rigging Loft, Inc. and Tom Ladwig, Lighting Specialist at The San Diego Museum of Art.
- Mr. Salas and Mr. Stands presented some models of the project to residents.
- Mr. Patiño and Mr. Ladwig explained how the installation of the work might be accomplished.
- Mr. Patiño, a resident of the area near Lincoln Park, expressed his admiration for the project and announced that he would be donating his own time and labor, as well the rigging materials needed.
- The working group had many questions concerning the timeline for installing the lighting, especially regarding obtaining city permits. This issue then became the main concern and next step in the project's research.
Resident Responses and Suggestions
- Continue outreach in the area for support of the project.