Community Meeting Minutes: May 29, 2013
Open Spaces: Lincoln Park
Jacobs Center Community Room
Alexander Jarman, Manager of Public Programs, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Artist-in-Residence, Roberto Salas asked community members to brainstorm and share ideas and insights on the following questions:
- Where in your community would you like to see public art?
- What would you like to see in your community?
- What are your community’s needs, strengths, weaknesses?
Resident Responses and Suggestions
Discussion of possible locations and sites
• Trolley co-generation
• Iron Sculpture – representation
• Transformation of the "Four Corners" area of the community
• Four directions – bringing together all communities
• Connection – ARCHES 4 passing thru
• Passing thru portal
• “A portal can be anything, even a book”
• Mural Portal = past, present, future
• Four elements
• Diversity, strength, leadership, unification
• Symbols of local cultural and life
• A cleansing space
• Rites Of Passage
• Invitation from ancestors
• Hope for children
• Children of every culture enjoying the same water
• Evoke life
• Decorative motifs