The San Diego Museum of Art changes lives. You can too–by donating to the Museum Excellence Fund today!
Commitment from individuals like you allows us to bring amazing art experiences to as broad an audience as possible. Thanks to you, your Museum is able to bring the transformative power of art to the people of our city, our state, and the world beyond.
Donate to the Museum today. Your gift is a gift to your city and your community. Your gift allows us to:
- Provide Art education and outreach to thousands of local school children every year, through programs like Artist in Residence, Teen Art Café, School in the Park, Children’s Workshops, and Community Partnerships with ALBA, La Mesa Teen Center, and Monarch among others.
- Develop specialized Educator Resources, Programs, and Curriculum, including numerous Museum-generated lesson plans, Young Art, Educators’ Art Fair, Educators’ Open House, One Day Exhibitions, In-School PowerPoint Presentations, School Tours, and Group Visits.
- Offer public programs that enrich the Museum experience for guests of every age group. For families we offer Family Drop-In Day every Sunday, Summer Camp, and ARTivities, in addition we offer a wide variety of programs such as tours, lectures, films, music, and dance performances to supplement our exhibitions and offer new and unique ways to experience art.
- Present spectacular exhibitions like Charles Reiffel: An American Post-Impressionist and Behold, America! Art of the United States from Three San Diego Museums.
- Maintain our historic building so that future generations can enjoy its beauty and function, and conserve the irreplaceable art from our Permanent Collection.
Contributions to the Museum Excellence Fund help to ensure that your beloved institution continues to enhance lives, profoundly contributing to what makes San Diego exceptional: past, present, and future.
Make a 100% tax-deductible gift today. Gifts of $100 or more will receive free Museum Guest Passes.
There are four ways to give:
In person at the Museum's front desk
Call our Development Office at 619.696.1920
Mail to: Development Department, The San Diego Museum of Art, PO Box 122107, San Diego, CA 92112-2107
Your gift provides fundamental support for every Museum need, for example:
- $50 provides art supplies for one Family Drop-In Day for children of all ages
- $100 pays for one object to be mounted to prevent earthquake damage
- $500 helps maintain the beauty and function of your Museum's historic building.
- $1,000 supports critical conservation efforts for irreplaceable works of art.
Every gift makes a difference—large or small.
Double your contribution with Corporate Matching Gifts!
Do you work for AT&T, Bank of America, GE, IBM, Macy's, Pfizer, or Sempra? These companies and many more will match their employees' and often retirees' contributions to The San Diego Museum of Art to aid in artwork conservation. Find out if your corporation will match your contribution.
Have questions about Matching Gifts? Contact the Department of External Affairs at 619.696.1993.