Family Programs Educator
The Museum Educator for Family Programs is an integral staff member of The San Diego Museum of Art’s Education and Public Engagement team. The Educator must be able to work with the following: audiences new to the Museum and diverse /multi-generational audiences. The goals of this position are to design and implement a monthly activity in the Museum space that stimulate an interest in art and arouse creativity in children, teens, families, and adults visiting the Museum for the Sunday Family Drop-In program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a monthly instructor for the Family Drop-In program held in The Studio space in the Museum
- Designs and prepares projects for the Museum’s Family Drop-In program
- Teaches art, art history, and art-making activities that are based on the Museum’s permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
- Coordinates with other members of the Education and Public Engagement team to order all supplies needed for the program
- Assists in upkeep of The Studio space and supply room
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass background and finger printing clearance
- B.A. or B.F.A. in Studio Art, Art Education, Museum Education, or Art History preferred.
- Three years of experience in teaching art and art-making.
- Art History background preferred.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Detail oriented, patient, and flexible.
- Ability to work in culturally sensitive ways and respect diversity.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Strong skills in communication, teaching, and presentation.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Some carrying and lifting up to 30 Pounds.
- Monthly walking from the Museum to MAS (Museum Art School), which include stairs and parking lots
- Noise level ranges from quiet to moderately noisy
All interested candidates must apply before: July 17, 2014
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com .
The San Diego Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of race, creed, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or physical disability.