This is a part-time position providing general security for the museum related to the protection of art, and the safety and protection of staff and visitors. Gallery attendants are an active, visual presence in the museum galleries. Attendants interact with visitors on various levels including, visitor assistance, monitoring and controlling access to the museum and its Permanent Collection. Assistance and duties in support of Special Events activities in the Museum.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision-making by carrying out established policies and procedures for security and safety of people, artwork, and Museum facilities in a complete, consistent and timely manner.
- Ability to see details at both close range and long distance.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and to stay calm in stressful situation. Ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual in Spanish or other language preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and background screening. Must be flexible with hours, including some evenings and weekends. Professional references must be provided.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Some carrying and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Daily walking and standing required interior of facility
If interested, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com OR Mail information to San Diego Museum of Art, Human Resources, P.O. Box 122107, San Diego, CA 92112-2107 No phone calls, please.
This position will close July 23, 2014