Library Services Coordinator
This this a part-time, 20 hours a week position with responsibilities including:
- Oversight of library, resources, budget, and facility
- Support for reference and research for staff, docents, and Museum members
- Responsibility for inter-library loans (OCLC WorldShare) for Museum staff
- Responsibility for management of periodicals collection, including EBSCO account management, auction and sales catalog subscriptions and routing of selected periodicals and auction catalogues to staff as requested
- Individual and group training and bibliographic instruction for Museum staff, interns, members, docents, and visitors
- Assistance with materials selection and bibliography
- Assistance with organization and preservation of rare books and materials consigned to offsite storage
- Recruitment, training, scheduling, and supervision of library volunteers in the following functions:
- Clerical duties
- Re-shelving of library materials
- File maintenance
- Preparation of statistics
- Inventory and pre-cataloging of collections
- Processing mail
- Other appropriate functions
- Assistance with planning and hosting of professional and social meetings promoting the library. Representation of the Museum’s library at professional meetings.
- Assistance with policy formulation and procedural guidelines
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or equivalent accredited degree, or a post-graduate degree in museum studies or a related discipline in the humanities or social sciences, and up to two years of related experience. Formal training in archival theory and practice. Demonstrated knowledge of archival theory and practice may be substituted for formal training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national data content and structure standards related to the archival control of collection materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of library management systems.
- Strong knowledge of American or modern European history or literature and broad knowledge in the humanities, as demonstrated through academic degrees, training or experience.
- Sitting for long period of time at a desk using a computer
- Carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Climbing ladders and stairs
- Office space may be shared
- Noise level is moderate
Position Closes: August 17, 2014
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
The San Diego Museum of Art, Attention: SEA-911, Human Resources, P.O. Box 122107, San Diego, CA 92112.