Marketing and Communications Intern- Unpaid
The Marketing and Communications intern will work closely with the Marketing and Communications department to learn, establish and maintain the Museum’s marketing strategies and objectives. The intern will learn and assist in the assembly of e-newsletters, online campaigns, and assist updating postings on the Museum’s website as well as external websites. The prospective Intern should be able to multitask with strong attention to detail, and superb writing and organizational skills. Knowledge of Microsoft, web skills, and office experience are required. Training will be provided for Drupal (website management system) Mail Chimp (email database and campaign management program) and Google AdWords. The Marketing and Communications Intern responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Electronic Newsletters: Learn and assist in composing and maintaining email schedule, composing, drafting and editing electronic newsletters.
- Learn and assist in updating website content
- Assist in adding calendar events to external websites
- Assist in compiling content for social media. Research best practices for incorporating multi-media into Social Media practices
- Research target audience to increase engagement
- Learn to assist in creation and analysis of bi-monthly visitor surveys
- Assist in tracking and comp tickets and press coverage
Must have leadership and project management skills
Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous experience or educational background in communication and marketing
- Current Junior/Senior student in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related major
- Previous graphic design/photo shop experience is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent positive attitude; ability to adapt and think quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for consulting services, technology, and social media
- Must be comfortable with phone and email communication
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have reliable transportation
- Junior or senior studying marketing, communications, public relations, art history or related fields required.
- Internship is approximately 3-6 months long
- Cover letter stating your interest in applying to this internship and what you hope to gain from it if selected
- Current résumé
Application close date: Monday, April 7, at 5:00 p.m.