The Museum Store Sales Associate
Job Summary: An integral member of the The Museum Store team, the The Museum Store Sales Associate is a part-time, temporary position of approximately 25 hours a week, lasting from May 13 to September 1, 2014. The Sales Associate's responsibilities include greeting visitors, handling shop sales, preparing daily records, and other tasks as assigned by The Museum Store Manager and Assistant Manager. As a highly visible representative of The San Diego Museum of Art, a successful candidate will be friendly, personable, and have strong knowledgeable of the Museum's mission and initiatives. Retail experience and basic computer skills are required. Knowledge of art and merchandise display strategies preferred.
- Conducting store sales and providing customers with excellent customer service
- Maintaining a friendly, helpful attitude
- Keeping the store fully stocked, organized, and tidy at all times
- Keeping apprised on back stock and new merchandise
- Following store opening procedures: counting starter money, opening the register, restocking merchandise, bags and other supplies, and handling all transactions
- Closing the store: Creating sales and end of day reports, counting and balancing cash drawer and profits
- Assisting with receiving, tagging, and displaying merchandise
- Assisting with data entry
- Knowledge of art & art history a plus
- Must pass background clearance.
- Some carrying and lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Walking daily to and from the Museum, which include stairs and parking lots.
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The San Diego Museum of Art, Human Resources, P.O. Box 122107, San Diego, CA 92112.
Position Close Date: April 11, 2013