Summer Youth Programs Counselor
This is a position within the Education & Public Engagement Department responsible for assisting summer youth program Instructors and staff in the supervision of students grades Kindergarten through twelve. The Summer Youth Programs Counselor will also assist in the implementation of visual art activities in the classroom, in visits to the Museum, and in leading camp games and activities that encourage children to learn in a fun environment.
- B.A... or equivalent in art or education or visual art background with prior experience working with children preferred.
- Understanding of how art classes enhance the museum experience.
- Ability to learn and contribute creative ideas about activities for students
- Work well in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Be able to stand for long periods and work outdoors in summer heat
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity.
- Effective communication skills. Patient and flexible.
- Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Acceptable Background and Fingerprint Checks Mandatory.
Position open: April 14, 2014. All interested candidates must apply before: April 28, 2014
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.