Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Manager of Marketing and Communications
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt (35 hours per week)
The Digital Marketing Coordinator supports The San Diego Museum of Art’s marketing department through its digital communication platforms. Under the direction of the Manager of Marketing and Communications, this position assists in developing a variety of digital, multi-media and social media projects to support the promotion and operations of the Museum.
The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller with exemplary writing skills and a strong attention to detail who takes initiative and is capable of multitasking and making connections across departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
Digital Content Creation
- Develops and executes the Museum’s social media presence across Instagram, Facebook, and X, and evaluates other emerging social media platforms, to drive awareness and engagement.
- Assist in the composition and execution of a busy e-blast schedule. Excellent writing skills and familiarity with sizing images required.
- Work with marketing manager to create digital strategy and leverage trends.
- Assist in social media influencer partnerships.
- Add Museum programs and events to website.
- Proposes new ideas for digital content.
- Create, capture, and edit photos, videos and designs in the overall layout and production for social media, digital ads, signage, and other marketing promotions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage email lists for email communication marketing platform. Assign appropriate lists, tags, etc.
- Define lists.
- Add names from supplied lists.
- Cleanse database to remove duplicates or aged email addresses.
- Assign cleansed emails to respective lists.
Digital File Management
- Define digital file/content management process and naming convention(s).
- Organize photos/images/logos/content/data per the defined process.
- Submit event information (links, photos, location, etc.) to online publications and partner organizations. E.g., KPBS, SD CityBeat, San Diego Museum Council, San Diego Travel Authority, etc.
Other Administrative Tasks
- Fulfill image requests from PR agency and third parties.
- Coordinate and ensure adherence to content timelines.
- Facilitate image rights and reproduction requests with third-party agencies for marketing use.
- Periodic other administrative duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two-three years social media experience.
- B.A. or equivalent work experience in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Forward thinking on creative social trends.
- Strong creative writing, storytelling, and editing skills required.
- Attention to detail, enthusiasm, self-starter, and team player a must.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, X, etc.) including their distinct capabilities and audiences.
- Experience producing & editing high-quality, engaging video content for social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work efficiently under pressure and meet multiple deadlines as needed.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, and online management systems required.
- Background in graphics development preferred.
- Working knowledge of HTML and experience with web content management, WordPress preferred.
- Working knowledge of digital video/photo equipment and software programs in Adobe CC—Premiere and After Effects preferred. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills are also a plus.
- Nonprofit, or museum experience preferred but not necessary.
- Interest in art a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Approximately 75% time sitting at computer.
- Carrying and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Some traveling by car.
- Daily walking at Museum, which includes stairs.
- Office space is shared.
- Noise fluctuates between quiet and moderately noisy.
Pay: $22.00 – $24.00 per hour
DEADLINE: November 19, 2023
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample (4-page max in PDF/Word format) to email@example.com or mail to The San Diego Museum of Art, Attention: Human Resources – Digital Marketing Coord., PO Box 122107, San Diego, CA 92112.
The San Diego Museum of Art is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity employment laws. The Museum prohibits discrimination against staff members or applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.