PowerPoint Presentations available in the classroom
for students Grades 1-12
- Provide an introduction to the Museum’s Permanent Collection
- Prepare Students for a visit to the Museum or stand alone
- Designed to fulfill the academic content standards for Visual and Performing Arts
- Must be requested and confirmed online at least three weeks in advance
- Contact Dr. James Grebl or call 619.696.1953 for more information.
(one per presentation)
- Hey Look!: Increases students’ understanding of art by teaching them how to look at a variety of works of art in the Museum’s Permanent Collection.
- Oh, California!: Illustrates the history of California through artworks from the Museum’s collection.
- Made in America: Traces the history of America through its art.
- Nature in the Art of Asia: Explores animals and plants, as well as Buddhist, Shinto, and Hindu themes in the Museum’s Asian art collection.
Request a Museum Tour
Bus Transportation available for Title One Schools
Financial assistance for bus transportation for school visits to the Museum for K-12 Docent Guided tours or Young Artists’ Workshops is available to Title One schools under the following requirements:
- Assistance is in the form of reimbursement to the school for bus transportation costs
- Reimbursement must be applied for and approved by the Museum prior to the date the tour takes place
- Assistance is available only to Title One schools located within San Diego County
- Tour or workshop arrangements must be made least three weeks in advance
- A letter from the school’s Principal stating Title One status must accompany the application. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 619.232.9367 or mail to POB 122107, San Diego, CA 92112-2107
- An invoice billing the Museum for the cost of bus transportation must be submitted to the Museum after the trip is completed
If you would like to schedule a Museum visit and docent-guided tour following your In-School presentation please click on the button below.