The San Diego Museum of Art offers a variety of rewarding opportunities to support the Museum as a volunteer. Volunteers are the lifeblood of the institution and perform many important functions.
Opportunities for volunteers include:
- Helping with special projects
- Assisting visitors at the front desk, in baggage check, and at special events
- Conducting visitor surveys
- Ushering and taking tickets at our concerts, lectures, and films.
- Serving in the Museum's art reference library and offices
- Training to serve as a docent
Volunteering at the Museum is not only a great way to meet people, learn new skills, and enjoy The San Diego Museum of Art’s cultural offerings, but it is also an important means of serving the community and enriching people's lives by connecting them with art.
Apply to Volunteer
You must be at least 16 years old to apply to be a volunteer. There are several ways to apply:
- Fill out the Volunteer Form to apply online for all volunteer positions except docents.
- Pick up an application at the admissions desk
- Print the Volunteer Form page and mail or fax to:
The San Diego Museum of Art
P.O. Box 122107
San Diego, CA 92112
Fax: (619) 232-4504
For more information about volunteering at the Museum, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.