Join the Museum’s closest CIRCLE of friends.
The CIRCLE is a vital leadership and philanthropic group in the museum community that provides substantial support to the Museum’s renowned exhibitions, public programs and, educational outreach.
As a CIRCLE member, you will experience a deeper connection with the Museum through a compelling calendar of social and educational events, as well as have unique access to Museum curators and the Maruja Baldwin Executive Director.
The CIRCLE program aims to provide events throughout the year that enhance your understanding and enjoyment of the Museum’s curatorial programs. With private tours of our galleries, exclusive curated travel, and behind-the-scenes events, CIRCLE membership offers you meaningful art experiences and enriching opportunities to explore and celebrate the permanent collection as well as art beyond the Museum’s walls.
$1,500 / Year
All of the benefits of Sponsor level membership plus:
- Invitation to CIRCLE openings for select exhibitions
- Exhibition tour with docent for up to 10 people (scheduled upon request)
- CIRCLE Social: meet and mingle with fellow CIRCLE members, Curators, and special guests at art-focused events
- Insider Views: go behind-the-scenes at the Museum to learn how we plan exhibitions, conserve the collection, provide art education to our community, and incorporate innovative technology in the Museum experience
- Reciprocal privileges at more than 600 museums nationwide
- Eight guest passes and more upon request
- Recognition on the museum website at SDMArt.org
- Free Museum admission for two adults, children and grandchildren under 18
$3,000 / Year
All of the benefits of Patron level membership plus:
- Regional Art Travel: Priority registration for regional travel to private tours at exclusive art destinations.
- Invitation for two to Art of Élan’s Opening Night concert in the Museum Rotunda
- Invitation to private, after-hours tours led by Curators for select exhibitions
- Gift Membership: One 12-month gift membership (Individual or Dual)
$5,000 / Year
All of the benefits of Curator level membership plus:
- Private tour and a reception at the home of a local art collector
- National Art Travel: Priority registration for curated luxury travel with Museum curators to visit national art destinations and private collections.
- Exclusive pre-tours of exhibitions with the Executive Director or Curators prior to CIRCLE Opening
- Voucher for Museum Catalogue or book of Director’s Choice
$10,000 / Year
All of the benefits of Director level membership plus:
- Entertainment Privileges: The opportunity to reserve the facility for a special occasion event for up to 100 people. Venue expense waived.
- International Art Travel: Exclusive invitation to travel with Executive Director and/or Curator to visit international museums, galleries, and private collections.
- Vouchers for all publications produced by the Museum during your year of membership