The Gallery: Artfully Social
Membership for the culturally adventurous.
Through compelling social, educational, and philanthropic events, The Gallery provides young art enthusiasts direct access to curators, collectors, and artists. From neophyte to guru, this vibrant collective enjoys an insider’s view of the Museum while keeping its finger on the pulse of the local art scene.
Attend your first event for free. Contact Natasha Montazeri or call 619.696.1993 to find out more.
Upcoming Gallery Events
- March: Gallery Tour, Artist Q & A, and Reception, Wednesday, March 19, 2014
- April: Artist Studio Tour and Reception, precise date TBD
- May: Circle Opening Celebration, Sorolla and America, Thursday, May 29, 2014
- June: Gallery Tour, Artist Q & A, and Reception, precise date TBD
- July: VIP Lounge and Pre-Tour, Culture & Cocktails featuring Sorolla and America, Thursday, June 12, 2014
- August: Weekend trip to Los Angeles, precise date TBD
- September: Walking Tour, Barrio Logan, precise date TBD
- October: In-Museum private event: 'Pick-your-Poison Curatorial Vault Tours' featuring special exhibition Gauguin to Warhol, reception to follow, precise date TBD
- November: Gallery Tour and Reception, precise date TBD
The Gallery Membership
$300 annually or $25 a month (with a 12 month commitment)
Benefits of membership:
Free Museum admission for two adults and children under 18
- Six guest passes
- Invitations to exclusive events, private tours, behind-the-scenes experiences, trips to local galleries, studios, and more
- Free entry and VIP access to Culture & Cocktails
- Invitation to one CIRCLE Opening per year
- Invitations to Friends' Lectures and Receptions for major exhibitions
- Invitations to members-only events
- Free general admission to Art Alive
- Discounts on concerts, lectures, films, and more
- 10% discount at The Museum Store
- 10% discount at the Sculpture Court Café
- Opportunity to join Museum Support Councils
- Use of the Library and Archives (by appointment only)
- Free entry to the quarterly Art of Reading Book Club.