The Museum is located at 1450 El Prado, Balboa Park, San Diego, CA 92101
Walk, bike, bus, trolley, or drive. There are countless ways to get here.
Best access to the Museum is via Park Boulevard. Trams run daily, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. from parking areas at Inspiration Point, on Pan American Plaza, and behind the Hall of Champions, stopping at the Plaza de Panama in front of the Museum. Parking & Tram Information
The Iconic Cabrillo Bridge is Turning 100 Years Old
Sometimes referred to as the Laurel Street Bridge, Balboa Park's historic western access is being renovated for its anniversary and is open only to foot traffic from January to Spring 2014. In the meantime, please follow the below routes. More on the Cabrillo Bridge
If you're coming by car, use Park Boulevard to avoid Cabrillo Bridge,
which is closed to automobiles during renovation.
- Southbound from I-5: Take the 10th Avenue Exit off I-5. Turn left on "A" Street and left again on Park Blvd. Follow signs to Balboa Park.
- Northbound from I-5: Take the Pershing Drive/B Street exit off I-5 to Pershing Drive. Take Pershing and then turn left on Florida Drive. Turn left on Zoo Place to Park Blvd. Left on Park Blvd.
- Southbound from Hwy. 163: Take the Park Blvd. exit off Hwy. 163. Turn left on Park Blvd. Follow the signs to Balboa Park.
Using the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) provides easy access from downtown and Mission Valley.
- Print out a handy map of the bus and trolley systems servicing downtown, the airport, and Balboa Park.
- Review the times for Route 120 (Fashion Valley) and Route 7 (Smart Corner), the two main bus routes through Balboa Park
For information and custom transportation routes to Balboa Park, visit San Diego Commute or dial 511. You can select transit
routes that are the fastest, have the fewest transfers, or have the least walking.