The Asian Arts Council (AAC) exists to foster interest in the art of Asia through its lecture series, study group participation, curatorial and exhibition support, as well as Museum conservation efforts.
The Asian Arts Council affords members a rich experience of Asian art and a deeper appreciation of the objects in the Museum’s Permanent Collection.
Other benefits of membership include:
- Lecture series featuring programs by visiting scholars chosen to expand our experience and knowledge of objects in the collection, an exhibition, artist, medium or historical period
- Participation in our active study group providing intellectual stimulation on a variety of topics
- Organized visits to other southern California museums as well as trips to other museums of Asian interest around the nation
- Curatorial lectures and tours of Museum exhibitions
- Opportunities to meet and share with other Asian art enthusiasts
- An informative monthly newsletter
- Supporting vital conservation efforts to protect and preserve objects of art for generations to come
- Opportunities to support your community by supporting an important local cultural institution
Please join us!
General membership meetings and lectures are held in the Museum Boardroom on the last Thursday of the months January through October at 1:00 p.m. Study group sessions are held September through June in the Museum Boardroom on the third Monday (second Monday in January and February) of the month at 10:00 a.m.
To be a member of a support council, you must be a member of the San Diego Museum of Art at the Supporter (formerly Household) level ($100) or above. The annual membership dues for support councils are an additional $50 for an individual and $75 for dual.