The Asian Arts Council (AAC) exists to foster interest in the art of Asia through its lecture series, study group participation, curatorial and exhibition support, as well as Museum conservation efforts, artwork acquisition, and exhibitions dedicated to Asian arts.
The Asian Arts Council affords members a rich experience of Asian art and a deeper appreciation of the objects in the Museum’s Permanent Collection.
Other benefits of membership include:
- Lecture series featuring programs by visiting scholars chosen to expand our experience and knowledge of objects in the collection, an exhibition, artist, medium or historical period
- Participation in our active study group providing intellectual stimulation on a variety of topics
- Organized visits to other southern California museums as well as trips to other museums of Asian interest around the nation
- Curatorial lectures and tours of Museum exhibitions
- Opportunities to meet and share with other Asian art enthusiasts
- An informative monthly newsletter
- Providing funds for acquisitions, curatorial and exhibition support, and vital conservation efforts to protect and preserve objects of art for generations to come
- Opportunities to support your community by supporting an important local cultural institution
Please join us!
General meetings and lectures are held on the last Thursday of the month, January through October, virtually via Zoom at 1:00 p.m. PT.
Study group sessions are held September through June via Zoom on the third Monday (second Monday in January and February) of the month at 10:00 a.m. PT.
To be a member of a support council, you must be a member of The San Diego Museum of Art at the Dual level ($125) or above. The annual membership dues for support councils are an additional $50 for an individual and $75 for dual.