…a blaze of color, bright blossoms, and lush foliage—a garden of earthly delights—the Museum blooms again. BLOOM BASH is the high-octane opening celebration for the Art Alive weekend known for its opulence and distinctive experiences. This year, join us for a night of illuminated visual delights, scrumptious treats and dazzling distractions.
BLOOM BASH Features:
– An adventurous selection of floral-fused custom cocktails
– Stunning installations from HYBYCOZO and Taylor Dean Harrison on view for this night only
– Divine delicacies from San Diego’s top fine dining eateries
– Craft beer and coffee by local brewery powerhouse Modern Times Beer
– Live music, performances, and dancing all night long
– 100+ floral interpretations at the Art Alive 2018 Floral Exhibition
– And more to tantalize and surprise…
On sale January 5
$200 members | $250 nonmembers
Proceeds from BLOOM BASH and Art Alive, The San Diego Museum of Art’s signature fundraiser and annual floral exhibition, benefit education, outreach, and art-initiatives year-round.
Bloom Bash Featured Artists:
HYBYCOZO is a collaborative installation arts collective made up of Serge Beaulieu and Yelena Filipchuk. Their work consists of larger than life sculptures with laser cut patterns that draw on inspirations from mathematics, science, and natural influences. Their passion stems from one core impulse: to celebrate the inherent beauty of geometric form and pattern, and showcase them in ways that harmonizes the experience of sculpture, light, and shadow.
Taylor Dean Harrison creates both large and small mixed-media sculptures with steel, wood, found objects, and light. His interest is in creating spaces and objects for contemplation and meditation in a variety of settings. Whether at a crowded club, on a white wall, or in a quiet expanse of desert, Harrison aims to create an engaging calmness and inspire awe.