Join The San Diego Museum of Art Docent Council on a bus trip to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Discover the joy and vibrancy of Marc Chagall’s costume and set designs in Chagall: Fantasies for the Stage, understand the rich interplay of ideas in decorative arts and architecture in Found in Translation: Design in California and Mexico, 1915-1985, and experience L.A. culture through a retrospective of one of the most influential Chicano artists of the 1970s and ’80s in Playing with Fire: Paintings by Carlos Almaraz. The bus leaves at 8:00 a.m. and returns to San Diego around 6:00 p.m.
A preview of our day.
- Morning snacks on bus with presentations on what you will see.
- Arrive at LACMA approximately 10:15 a.m. with general admission and special event tickets provided – view the various exhibits on your own.
- Late lunch at 1:30 p.m.. Enjoy a three-course meal at The Mercado, an upscale Mexican restaurant (3 entrees to choose from with vegetarian option). Non-alcoholic drinks included.
- Additional entertainment on return trip.
- Anticipated arrival in San Diego around 5:30-6:00 p.m.
Bus pick-up location in Balboa Park: Bus will be on Presidents Way at the North end of the Pan American Plaza parking lot (opposite end from the Air and Space Museum). Please arrive at 7:45 a.m.; but leaves promptly at 8:00 a.m.
Bus pick-up location in Encinitas: Bus will be at the La Costa Park and Ride at 710 La Costa Ave,. just east of Interstate 5 (turn north from La Costa Ave. into parking lot). Please arrive at 8:15 a.m.; bus leaves promptly at 8:30.
$100 docents, members / $120 nonmembers