Thursday, February 13
Bring a date, grab some friends, and experience art in a whole new way!
The DJ spins, exotic beverages flow, and artworks dazzle at this popular sundown series.
This pre-Valentine’s Day edition of Culture & Cocktails centers around the exhibition Bouguereau & America, with a special nod to William-Adolphe Bouguereau’s canvases that portray Cupid, his arrows, and his escapades.
- Savor a “Dream of Spring” cocktail by Suerte Tequila
- Bare your heart and soul with digital portraits drawn by an artist inside Bouguereau & America
- Woo an admirer with your own handmade paper corsage or boutonnière
- Behold romantic aerialist performances from Aerial Revolution
- Get cozy in the rose petal photo booth by CEG Interactive
- It’s love at first bite. Snack on waffle dessert bites from Molten Waffles, Crepes, & More. Find more treats at the Molten Waffles, Crepes, & More Food Truck (available with separate purchase)
- Ask your valentine to dance the night away with beats by DJ Gabe Vega
Featured (from left to right): William-Adolphe Bouguereau, Admiration, 1897. Oil on canvas, 58 × 78 in. San Antonio Museum of Art, bequest of Mort D. Goldberg, 58.46. Photography by Roger Fry. William-Adolphe Bouguereau, Young Girl Defending Herself from Eros, ca. 1880. Oil on canvas, 32 1/8 × 22 3/4 in. The J. Paul Getty Museum, Gift of J. Paul Getty, 70.PA.3. William-Adolphe Bouguereau, Dream of Spring, 1901. Oil on canvas, 73 × 50 in. Indianapolis Museum of Art at Newfields, Gift of Melvin and Bren Simon, 2013.33.
$10 members* | $25 nonmembers
Ticket prices increase to $15 for members and $35 for nonmembers on the day of the event. Pending availability, tickets will be available for purchase at the door starting at 5:30 p.m. on the day of the event.
THIS IS A 21+ EVENT. IDS WILL BE CHECKED AT THE DOOR.
*Members at the Individual, Dual, or Supporter level will be required to purchase an online discounted $10 e-ticket for admission to Culture & Cocktails. Friend, Sponsor, Gallery, and Circle members are free with online e-ticket. All members and attendees must have a printed ticket or an e-ticket and valid ID for entry.