Thursday, January 25
Celebrate the new year with a festive fiesta at Culture & Cocktails featuring Modern Masters from Latin America: The Pérez Simón Collection and Frida and Me interactive exhibition.
Enjoy cocktails, live music, dance performances, savory eats and treats, art-making activities, and more. Bring a friend, meet someone new, and experience art in a whole new way at Culture & Cocktails!
- Savor a Pico Duarte signature cocktail made with 1888 Rum, freshly squeezed lime juice, maple syrup, and a lemon twist.
- Southnorte Beer Co. will be serving beer samples from their cross-cultural cervecería
- Enjoy performances by Alma Latina Dance Company highlighting dance from different regions of Latin America
- Cool off with a frozen treat on a stick from local dessert company Viva Pops
- Dine al fresco in the park. Frida’s Cocina food truck will have their Baja-Mediterranean cuisine available for purchase
- Get crafty in the art making station and decorate your own handmade mini piñata to take home
- Get in the spirit of Brazil’s Carnival celebration with face and body paint by Jennifer Segura
- Capture your look in the super colorful animated photo booth
- DJ Marc Tosino will be spinning Latin beats all night
Featured (left to right): Ricardo Martínez de Hoyos, Figure on Blue Bottom (Figura con fondo azul), 1985. Oil on canvas. Colección Pérez Simón, Mexico © Arturo Piera. | Fernando De Szyszlo (1925 -) Peru, House Eight (Casa-ocho), 1978 Oil on canvas Colección Pérez Simón, Mexico © Arturo Piera | Luis Alberto Acuña (1904 – 1994) Colombia, Untitled, 1947 Oil on canvas Colección Pérez Simón, Mexico © Rafael Doniz
This event is now SOLD OUT. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
Presale e-tickets: $5 members* | $25 nonmembers
Purchased at the door: $10 members | $35 nonmembers
*Members at the Individual, Dual, or Household level will be required to purchase an online discounted $5 e-ticket for admission to Culture & Cocktails. Friend, Sponsor, Gallery, and CIRCLE members are free with online e-ticket. All members and attendees must have a printed ticket.