Position: Assistant Manager
Title: Store Assistant Manager
Classification: Full time, Non Exempt (35 hours a week)
Reports to: Associate Director of Earned Income
Be a vital part of our Museum Store Sales team in providing oversight and support for the Museum’s Stores. Under the guidance of the Associate Director of Earned Income the Assistant Manager is responsible for the following:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist in all facets of the store’s operations including sales, ordering, shipping and receiving, bookkeeping, and merchandising.
• Develop and maintain sufficient staffing levels, and create staffing schedules for the Museum Store and Bibliotique. Train and develop Museum Store staff.
• Open and close the museum store which includes point of sale (POS) operations, oversee the balancing of the sales receipts, and the end of the day reports.
• Assist with the ordering of jewelry, books, and other merchandise. Purchasing duties to include vendor appointments, research, and ordering.
• Incorporate new products and merchandise onto The Museum Store floor in an attractive manner that will encourage sales, and do so in a timely manner.
• Maintain wholesale and internet sales program including processing, shipping, and invoicing.
• Oversee the maintenance of merchandise back stock and supplies in the store’s stockroom and surrounding area. Restock merchandise and maintain cleanliness in The Museum Stores, stockroom and any satellite locations and supervise Sales Associates to do the same. Manage the Sales Associates in incorporating new merchandise into the stores.
• Oversee the ordering of office and store supplies.
• Run scheduled sale and product reports, including monthly consignment sales reports and reconciling those sales.
• Assist in developing merchandise plans for special exhibitions
• Receive and process incoming shipments, invoices and statements. Keep vendor account payments up to date and reconcile any discrepancies.
• Generate and process returns
• Other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors degree in business, arts administration, art history preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 2 years of lead or supervisory experience required.
• Ability to occasionally lift 40 pounds.
• Knowledge and experience of retail operations. Knowledge of Counter Point POS software a plus.
• Good organizational and book keeping skills.
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals, including Museum members, visitors, volunteers and staff.
• Knowledge of art and art history a plus.
• Some carrying and lifting up to 40 pounds
• 50% time spent sitting at the computer
• Some traveling by car/some long distance traveling may be required
• Daily walking required interior of facility
All interested candidates must apply before: October 1, 2017.
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Store Assistant Manager” in the subject line or submit to The San Diego Museum of Art, Attention: Director, Human Resources, P.O. Box 122107, San Diego, CA 92112.
The San Diego Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, Vietnam Era Veteran or disable veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status as provided by law.