Monday / 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday / 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday / Closed
Thursday / 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday / 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.*
Saturday / 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday / noon to 5:00 p.m.
Exceptions and Extended Hours:
Panama 66 in the May S. Marcy Sculpture Court and Garden is open late 6 nights weekly.
• Closed – Sunday, April 22, 2018 for Earth Day
• Closed – Thursday, April 26, 2018 for Art Alive Install
• Closed – Monday, April 30, 2018 for Art Alive Deinstall
• Closed – Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 22, 2018
• Closed – Friday, December 7, during the day. Open free from 5:00–9:00 p.m. for December Nights
• Closed – Saturday, December 8, during the day. Open free from 5:00–9:00 p.m. for December Nights
• Closed – Christmas Day – Tuesday, December 25, 2018
• Closed – New Year’s Day – Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Tickets include same-day admission to The San Diego Museum of Art and are available for purchase online or in person at the time of your visit. Admission to the May S. Marcy Sculpture Court and Garden is free. Have questions regarding your visit? Click here for answers.
General Admission Prices:
*Children younger than 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (age 18 years or older) at all times.
**College students with ID receive free admission from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Fridays during Art After Hours.
Groups & Event Ticketing
We welcome social, professional, family, religious, and all other groups to view the wonders of The San Diego Museum of Art. Self-Guided groups (minimum of 10 paying people) require a reservation and payment 14-days in advance. For groups requesting a Docent guided tour a reservation 21-days in advance of your visit. For all groups we request one adult chaperone for every ten children under the age of 15.
Groups of 10 or more receive discounted admission prices. Please call the Group Sales office at (619) 696-1935, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of group tours include:
- Discounted and priority ticketing for special exhibitions and the Museum’s collections
- Free gallery tours (based on availability); a minimum 3 weeks advance notice is required
Resident Free Tuesday
The San Diego Museum of Art offers free admission to San Diego County Residents (with ID) on the third Tuesday of every month. A valid ID is required for admission, and certain restrictions apply as these days tend to be busy. We ask that you not bring food, beverages, backpacks, or other oversized items. Coat check has limited space and when it’s full, you must wait until space becomes available to check items.
The Big Exchange: members of participating organizations receive reciprocal admission at more than 30 museums, historic sites, gardens, and more throughout San Diego County. Show your current membership card and get free entry to the organizations listed here from May 1-18, 2018.
Blue Star Museums: Blue Star Museums are offering free admission to the active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Memorial Day through Labor Day. More information to be posted soon.
Balboa Park Explorer
Stay for the day, or explore Balboa Park year-round. Purchase a one-day, weeklong, or annual Explorer Pass, or consider becoming a Museum member for additional benefits and special access to Museum programs.