Groups & Event Ticketing
Explore a world of art, beauty, history and more at The San Diego Museum of Art
We welcome social, professional, family, religious, and all other groups to view the wonders of The San Diego Museum of Art. Self-Guided groups (minimum of 10 paying people) require a reservation and 14-days in advance. For groups requesting a Docent guided tour a reservation 21-days in advance of your visit. For all groups we request one adult chaperone for every ten children under the age of 15.
Groups of 10 or more receive discounted admission prices. Please call the Group Sales office at (619) 696-1935, or contact us at email@example.com.
Benefits of group tours include:
- Discounted and priority ticketing for special exhibitions and the Museum's collections
- Free gallery tours (based on availability); a minimum 3 weeks advance notice is required
To order tickets by mail or fax, please print the Group Order Ticket Form and follow the instructions on the form.
For more information or to schedule a museum visit for your group, please contact The San Diego Museum of Art Group Sales at (619) 696-1935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
K-12 School Groups
Admission, and a Docent led tour (or instructor-guided tour for college groups) to the permanent collection and certain exhibitions are available for school groups and chaperones free of charge with a 3 week advance reservation. Regular rates apply if reservation is not made at least three weeks in advance.
- Include a docent-led tour, discussions, and demonstrations of techniques and materials used by the artists
- Available on Museum Highlights and the Permanent Collection of Renaissance*, Baroque, European (19th- and 20th-Century), Modern and Contemporary, American, East Asian, or Southern Asian & Persian art
- Tours of the Museum's May S. Marcy Sculpture Garden, temporary exhibitions, and customized tours available upon request
- Fulfills the California State Framework for the Visual Arts: Artistic Perception, Creative Expression, Historical and Cultural Context, and Aesthetic Valuing
- Tours must be requested online at least three weeks in advance
- Contact Angela Wills for more information.
One-hour school group tours are scheduled:
Mondays & Tuesdays & Thursdays: Hourly from 10:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Fridays: (10:00a.m., 11:00a.m.)** Hourly from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and hourly from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sundays: Hourly from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.