School Groups K-12
- Docent-led school tours include free admission for students, teachers and chaperones*
- Topics available include:
- Museum Highlights
- Highlights of the European Collection
- Highlights of the Asian Collection
- Renaissance Art Cart
- 18th & 19th Century European
- Modern and Contemporary
- East Asian or South
- Southeast Asian & Iranian art
- Indian Art Cart
- Outdoor sculpture in the May S. Marcy Sculpture Garden and Plaza de Panama
- Temporary exhibitions
- Customized tours may also be arranged upon request.
Tours must be requested online at least three weeks in advance.
- Tours in Spanish are available on request with prior notice.
- Contact Angela Wills for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
*K-7 school groups must be accompanied by at least one adult per ten students.
For Title One Schools
Financial assistance for bus transportation for school visits to the Museum for K-12 Docent Guided tours or Young Artists’ Workshops is available to Title One schools under the following requirements:
- Assistance is in the form of reimbursement to the school for bus transportation costs
- Reimbursement must be applied for and approved by the Museum prior to the date the tour takes place
- Assistance is available only to Title One schools located within San Diego County
- Tour or workshop arrangements must be made least three weeks in advance
- A letter from the school’s Principal stating Title One status must accompany the application. Please email to email@example.com or fax to 619.232.9367 or mail to POB 122107, San Diego, CA 92112-2107
- Certificate of Insurance
- An invoice billing the Museum for the cost of bus transportation must be submitted to the Museum within 60 days after the completion of your trip
50-minute tours are scheduled:
Mon., Tues. & Thurs. / Hourly from 10:00 am, 11:00am, 1:00pm and 2:00 pm (no group tours on the third Tuesday of each month, Resident Free Tuesdays)
Friday / 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. (also available at 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. on the fifth Friday of the month)
Saturday / 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m.
Sunday / noon, 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.