In-Person School Groups K-12
In-person tours are once again available for school groups. Teachers can schedule a FREE docent-led tour using the request form on this page. Docent guided tours are approximately 40 to 50 minutes in length. Please note, school groups are limited to one school tour, with a maximum of 30 students, per hour inside the Museum. Tours must be requested and confirmed online at least four weeks in advance.
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday. | Hourly from 11:00 a.m., noon, 1:00 p.m. (no group tours on the third Tuesday of each month, Resident Free Tuesdays)
Friday | 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Docent-led school tours include free admission for students, teachers and chaperones*
- Topics available include:
- Museum Highlights
- Highlights of the European Collection
- Highlights of the Asian Collection
- Renaissance Art Cart
- 18th & 19th Century European
- Modern and Contemporary
- East Asian or South
- Southeast Asian & Iranian art
- Indian Art Cart
- Outdoor sculpture in the May S. Marcy Sculpture Garden and Plaza de Panama
- Temporary exhibitions
- Customized tours may also be arranged upon request
Additional Tours Info
- Tours must be requested online via the form on this page at least four weeks in advance.
- Tours in Spanish are available on request with prior notice.
- Contact Angela Wills for more information: email@example.com
*K-7 school groups must be accompanied by at least one adult per ten students.
For Title One Schools
Financial assistance for bus transportation for school visits to the Museum for K-12 Docent Guided tours or Student Art Workshops is available to Title One schools under the following requirements:
- Assistance is in the form of reimbursement to the school for bus transportation costs
- Reimbursement must be applied for and approved by the Museum prior to the date the tour takes place
- Assistance is available only to Title One schools located within San Diego County
- Tour or workshop arrangements must be made least four weeks in advance
- A letter from the school’s Principal stating Title One status must accompany the application. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 619.232.9367 or mail to POB 122107, San Diego, CA 92112-2107
- Certificate of Insurance
- An invoice billing the Museum for the cost of bus transportation must be submitted to the Museum within 60 days after the completion of your trip