The Museum Is Open
The San Diego Museum of Art is excited to welcome you into the Museum galleries and is following select health and safety measures to ensure a pleasant visit.
The San Diego Museum of Art is a welcoming space. All who share this space are expected to treat others with respect and dignity. Anyone whose conduct is disruptive, abusive, or discriminatory will be asked to adjust their behavior and may be asked to leave the premises.
We look forward to seeing you at the Museum! Below you will find a guide of what you can expect when visiting, including safety guidelines, spaces that will be closed or have limited service, and more. See our Museum hours to plan your visit.
Each of us plays a role in a safe reopening and we thank you for your cooperation. The Museum is following state and local guidelines to help protect against the spread of COVID-19. As restrictions ease, it remains paramount for some safety measures to remain in place. Masks are strongly recommended inside the Museum for all visitors, including youth ages 3 and older. Please note that the following are not permitted to be worn instead of a face mask: gaiters, bandanas, scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, or masks with an exhalation valve. Face shields are also not allowed instead of a mask, but may be worn over one.
Thank you for being a vital part of the SDMA community! We look forward to seeing you soon at the Museum.
Enhanced Safety Precautions
Select safety precautions are in place at the Museum. These include
- Plexiglass is in place at Museum admission and retail locations.
- Credit and debit card transactions encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is available at targeted locations.
- Enhanced cleaning schedules of high-touch areas remain in place.
- Handheld maps and brochures are not available. Instead, we encourage visitors to use the SDMA app, available for free from the App Store or Google Play.
Know Before You Go
Be prepared for your upcoming visit. Protocols are in place to make your Museum experience pleasurable and safe.
- Masks are strongly recommended inside the Museum for all visitors, including youth ages 3 and older. Masks are recommended to be properly worn over the nose and mouth, and under the chin while inside the Museum. Please note, the following are not permitted instead of a face mask: gaiters, bandanas, scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, or masks with an exhalation valve. Face shields are also not allowed instead of a mask, but may be worn over one.
- Coat check is now open and bags exceeding 16x16x8 inches will need to be checked prior to guest entry to the Museum. Please leave large items at home. Food, drink, and umbrellas are not allowed in the Museum and must be checked. Additional items may be checked at our discretion. Thank you for keeping our works of art safe.
Even with all efforts and added precautions, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Therefore, we cannot guarantee you or a member of your group will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit. By visiting The San Diego Museum of Art, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
The San Diego Museum of Art’s PANAMA 66 Restaurant & Bar
Panama 66 is open. Check the Panama 66 website for their latest hours and information.