Teen Art Café
Meet and mingle with fellow teen artists as you learn about works of art on view. Teen Art Café invites students to participate in art projects led by Museum educators and artists, enjoy special performances, and go on an exclusive after-hours tour through the Museum. Light refreshments and opportunities to win prizes included. Topics and activities are different each event.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive timely updates on upcoming teen and family workshops and programs.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Thursday, February 20, 2020
Thursday, May 28, 2020 Postponed until Fall 2020
James S. Copley Auditorium
San Diego Museum of Art Teen Council
The San Diego Museum of Art’s Teen Council gives High School Students the opportunity to take on a leadership role at the Museum and lend their voices to new and existing programs and offerings. Students work with Museum staff and their peers to share ideas, develop youth events and programming, lend their own expertise to the Museum and participate in unique behind the scenes experiences. Meetings are held quarterly at the Museum.
For questions, email email@example.com.
2019-2020 School Year
Application Deadline: October 11, 2019
- Type or print clearly and retain a copy for your application records.
- Please submit your application and Participant Waiver form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants moving on to the orientation will be notified by October 24, 2019. Only complete applications will be considered.
Please turn in the Participant Waiver form with your Teen Council Application to email@example.com.
What do we do?
- Teen council members meet three times a school year with Museum educators and Education Department staff to discuss and share ideas on teen programming at the Museum.
- Special opportunities to win prizes when participating in contests.
- Go behind the scenes in exclusive opportunities.
- Create exclusive art making projects in the Museum.
What will you get out of the experience?
- Opportunity to share your voice and help build program for teens by teens.
- Make friends and meet artists.
- Develop leadership skills and add experience to college applications.
- Become part of the SDMA Museum team.
How much time do I have to commit?
- Required: 6 hours a school year (meetings only).
- Optional hours: Teen Art Café events, special programs, Museum visits on one’s own time.
How do I get started?
- Send in a completed application.
- If selected, attend the first meeting on November 4, 2019.
- If not selected, sign up to the Teen Art Café email list and attend fun-free teen only events!