Teen Art Café
Teen artists meet and mingle quarterly to learn about works on view and participate in art projects led by Museum educators and artists. Special performances and an exclusive behind the scenes tour are included. The topics as well as the activities vary at each event. Opportunities to win prizes are available.
- June 5, 2021 | SDMA Teen Council Presents: Teen Art Café
Free virtual quarterly program for middle school and high school students offered on Zoom platform. Log-in instructions and a supply list will be provided with your confirmation.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by the Sunday prior to the event with your full name and school. Space is limited.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive timely updates on upcoming teen and family workshops and programs.
San Diego Museum of Art Teen Council
The San Diego Museum of Art’s Teen Council gives high school students the opportunity to take on a leadership role at the Museum and lend their voices to new and existing programs and offerings. Students work with Museum staff and their peers to share ideas, develop youth events, and programming; lend their own expertise to the Museum; and participate in unique behind the scenes experiences. Meetings are held quarterly via an online platform.
For questions, email email@example.com.
2020-2021 School Year
Application deadline is now closed.
Applicants moving on to the orientation will be notified by October 19, 2020. Only complete applications will be considered.
Please turn in the Participant Waiver form with your Teen Council Application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do we do?
- Teen council members meet three times a school year with Museum educators and Education Department staff to discuss and share ideas on teen programming.
- Special opportunities to win prizes when participating in contests.
- Go behind the scenes in exclusive opportunities.
- Create exclusive art making projects in the Museum.
What will you get out of the experience?
- Opportunity to share your voice and help build program for teens by teens.
- Make friends and meet artists.
- Develop leadership skills and add experience to college applications.
- Become part of the SDMA Museum team.
How much time do I have to commit?
- Required: 6 hours a school year (meetings only).
- Optional hours: Teen Art Café events, special programs, Museum visits on one’s own time.
How do I get started?
- Send in a completed application.
- If selected, attend the first meeting on October 26, 2020.
- If not selected, sign up to the Teen Art Café email list and attend fun, free, teen-only events!