Thursday, September 27
The Museum’s sundown series returns this September with Culture & Cocktails, celebrating the exhibition Javier Marín. Bring a date, grab some friends, and experience art in a whole new way!
- See statues come to life with performers from Living World Entertainment
- Participate in live figure drawing with Thumbprint Gallery
- Contortionists from Zen Arts will twist and bend in dramatic feats of seemingly inhuman flexibility
- Get airbrush body paint inspired by the artwork of Javier Marín
- Pose with a living statue in the C&C photo booth experience
- Sip on “Body Language,” a hibiscus infused cocktail made specially for the evening by Misadventure and Co.
- Dance the night away with music by DJ Giancarlo
- Indulge your sweet tooth with desserts by Home Kitchen Culture + Sugar Kiln
- Dine al fresco in the park. Eat Your Heart Out will have locally sourced cuisine available for purchase.
Featured: Javier Marín, Hombrecitos y Mujercitas, 2000. Resin from polyester and bronze to the lost wax. Installation. Bernardo Arcos / Archive Javier Marín. Javier Marín, Grupo L 1012, 2016. Polyester resin and iron wire. Armando Canto / Archive Javier Marín. Javier Marín, Hombrecitos y Mujercitas, 2000. Resin from polyester and bronze to the lost wax. Installation. Bernardo Arcos / Archive Javier Marín.
E-tickets are $5 for members* | $25 for nonmembers. Online ticketing closes at 2:00 p.m. on the day of the event. Pending availability, tickets will be available for purchase $10 for members and $35 for nonmembers at the door starting at 5:30 p.m. on the day of the event.
This is a 21+ event. IDs required for entry—no exceptions. Bags may be subject to inspection.
Entrance to Culture & Cocktails is first-come, first-served. A limited number of e-tickets are available online until capacity has been reached. Membership does not guarantee discounted tickets or entrance to this event. No refunds or exchanges. Read more on the Ticketing FAQ.
*Members at the Individual, Dual, or Household level will be required to purchase an online discounted $5 e-ticket for admission to Culture & Cocktails. Friend, Sponsor, Gallery, and CIRCLE members are free with online e-ticket. All members and attendees must have a printed ticket.
CIRCLE & Gallery Collective
VIP Pre-Tour with Javier Marín
Prior to Culture & Cocktails, Gallery Collective and CIRCLE members are invited to join us for sparkling wine and a tour of the exhibition with Michael Brown, Ph.D., Curator of European Art, and a Q&A with the artist himself. Gallery Collective and CIRCLE members may bring one guest. Tour attendees must also reserve their complimentary Culture & Cocktails tickets online to join the tour. Tour capacity limited to 30.
CIRCLE and Gallery Collective members, please send your RSVP to email@example.com promptly to secure a space.
Please Note: The Culture & Cocktails VIP pre-tour with Javier Marín is now at capacity! We appreciate your interest in the tour and will allow a handful of members on the waitlist. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waitlist. We will contact you directly if any registered members are no longer able to attend. See you at C&C!